A good bettor is one who can manage his betting bank in the best possible way. Regardless of whether you are good at betting prognostics, having a bankroll is key to succeeding in sports betting. If you are new to bankroll management, consider reading this article to better understand how to manage your bankroll and always have capital to place your bets.
To begin, it is necessary to understand how banking management works and what terms are associated with this financial management. Bankroll is the total amount of money you have available to place your sports bets. Stake: It’s the level of confidence you have when you make a prediction or a guess, in which a Stake of 1 is unreliable and a Stake of 10 is very confident. The Stakes scale is usually made from 0 to 10 to measure the betting confidence in the result you are predicting. Full stake: It is the percentage of the bank that you can / must invest in a given bet, depending on your performance at the level of forecasts and results. The better your average performance, the higher your Full Stake can be. Full Stake is usually placed in percentages, of the type 5% or 10% in cases of low and high performance. Betting more than 10% of betting book value is never recommended if you are an experienced bettor or beginner.
Different levels of Stake
To better understand how Stake works in sports betting, let’s look at the different levels that exist and how they work at the level of banking management. To properly manage your betting bank you need to be strict at the Stakes level, that is, bet only a 10 when you really have confidence in your prognosis, and use lower Stakes for tips you think are correct, but in which he does not trust blindly. Let’s see:
- Stake of 1 or 2. Normally a Stake so low means you do not have much confidence in the guess you are making either because you are betting on an underdog or because the odds for your bet are too high.
- Stake of 3. Normally a Stake of 3 means that there is also not much confidence in the type of bet and / or that there is little information available to analyze a given encounter. In order to achieve good results in sports betting, it is necessary to have a lot of information about the teams and the games, so when this does not happen, Stake must be down to avoid unnecessary risks.
- Stake of 4, 5 or 6. These three levels of Stake are usually the most used in sports betting, and indicate that the bettor has knowledge about the event you are analyzing, but bet moderately to avoid making mistakes or unnecessary risks. As a rule, when you get a lot of information about a particular game and diagnose a possible result, a Stake between levels 4 and 6 is used depending on the confidence in the final result.
- Stake of 7 or 8. Such a high Stake should be used especially when you find incredible betting opportunities such as a Sure Bet or a Value Bet. In both cases, it is possible to perform a level 7 or 8 Stake, because the confidence in the final result is usually quite high.
- Stake of 9. A Stake of 9 predicts that you are pretty sure that your prognosis is correct and therefore you have immense confidence in the expected end result. For a Stake of this type the same rules apply for Sure Bets and Value Bets.
- Stake of 10. Normally a Stake of 10 indicates that the bettor is absolutely certain that he will win his bet. Using such a high Stake should happen very rarely and only when you are really sure that your bet is going to be won.
Unfortunately many bettors make unnecessary mistakes in their bank management, for example, they use Stakes of 9 and 10 in predictions where the level of confidence is not that high. It is necessary to take into account the use of Stakes so high, otherwise the results will not be satisfactory and the most likely is that you consume your game bank quickly, not seeing useful results.
Types of Banking Management
Now that we know how Stakes work and what the different levels are, it’s time to put them into practice. A Stake is basically a level of confidence in a bet, but it is not a bet. To make your sports betting using banking management methods, you need a little more than setting a Stake. There are two banking management methods well known and widely used by the sports betting industry, and are precisely those we recommend you to explore more closely. Let’s see:
Linear Management of betting banking is the method most commonly used in sports betting. In this type of method, the Full Stake is divided linearly into 10 equal parts. To calculate a Stake of a bet, it is necessary to use a small mathematical formula, so that you realize concretely the value that you must bet on a certain result, depending on your level of confidence (Stake) and its performance as a bettor (Full Stake). Let’s see: If your Full Stake is 40 euros, and your prognosis is a level 6 Stake, then the amount you should bet on this prognosis is 40*6/10 = 24 Euros.
Exponential Banking Management is a more professional banking management method used by professional bettors around the world. However, it is a slightly more complex banking management system than the previous one. In exponential management, your Full Stake will also be divided into 10 parts, each part varying exponentially depending on how much confidence you have in your betting prognosis. To calculate the value of a bet using exponential management, you must use the following mathematical formula: Stake (x) = FullStake * coefficient (10-x). Let’s look at an example: If your Full Stake is 10 Euros and the coefficient is 0,67 and your prognosis is a Stake 7, then the value you have to bet on this prognosis is 10*0.67(3) = 3.01 Euros.
My Management Method
Based on my experience and discipline, I opted to develop and apply my own method and what I naturally advise, because it is simple to understand and easy to work with, basically I use a maximum of 5% of my initial banking per bet, for example:
€ 100 bank at the beginning of the month
Stake of 5% = € 5 per bet by the end of that month.
This way allows us to have an initial margin of 20 bets which offers a very reasonable security to our bank, no matter what initial bank amount should always use and maximum 5% per bet, never change that percentage.
Dinheiro em várias Casas de Apostas
In addition to all existing methods, it is also recommended that you have capital available in several bookmakers, since it is common to find very different odds between each one. By having several stalls available in several bookmakers, you have the possibility to choose which bookmaker you wish to place your sports bets for a particular event. This type of management of multiple game benches is also a way for you to make more money by taking advantage of the better odds offered by different bookmakers.
Gestão de Banca por tipo de Desporto
Another important aspect in the management of banking is undoubtedly the analysis by different type of sport. You as a bettor are probably better in one sport than in another (eg Football and Tennis). To better manage your betting bank, it is advisable that you have separate benches by type of sport and by your level in each of them. In this way, your performances as a bettor in tennis games, will not affect your betting bank in Football and vice versa.